ALMA’s Committees are the backbone of the association. It is the consistant input and involvement of ALMA members that advances the association, the industry, and raises the individual profiles of those involved.
ALMA Education Committee
ALMA educates by:
- Identifying and developing programs on subjects related to loudspeakers such as design, development, manufacturing, testing, and management requirements
- Manufacturing and Testing
- Promoting student membership
- Providing training and seminars to our membership through multiple methods and media.
The ALMA Education Committee is dedicated to encouraging the entry of talented students into the field of loudspeaker design and engineering, in continually adding to and sharpening the skills of those in the field, and to keep our members on the cutting edge of technology and business trends.
To fulfill these criteria the ALMA Education Committee has established the following goals:
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleges and universities that have classes, programs, and degrees that relate to loudspeaker design.
- Increase the number of students and faculty who are members of ALMA.
- Establish criteria for ALMA student sections within a higher education setting and establish as many student sections as possible.
- Conduct a student loudspeaker design competition with the final competition to be held at the ALMA Winter Symposium.
- Indentify needs and wants of participants in our industry and develop various streams of education to fulfill those wants and needs.
Spiro Iraclianos- Chairman email@example.com
ALMA Standards Committee
The ALMA Standards Committee’s mission is to develop new standards for loudspeaker design and manufacturing, and to liaise with other standards producing organizations; notably the Audio Engineering Society (AES), and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
Please visit the Standards Menu tab for more information
John Busenitz- Co-Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Grunloh- Co-Chairman
ALMA Symposium & Expo Committee
Symposium & Expo is ALMA’s keystone event and continually sets the standard for pertinent content, timely information, and networking. Symposium & Expo educates, illuminates, inspires, and offers multiple opportunities to do business and to grow business personally and professionally. Be a part of it.
The theme for the 2017 Symposium & Expo:
“The Future of Mobile Audio”
ALMA International Symposium & Expo Committee is already hard at work on what will be our biggest and best show yet. Our open meeting at AISE 2016 provided terrific feedback and ideas, many of which will be incorporated in our 2017 event.
Jacob Soendergaard- Co-Chairman email@example.com
Barry Vogel- Co-Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org
ALMA Marketing & Membership Committee
The ALMA Marketing and Management Committee is charged to promote ALMA and its value propositions to current membership, and prospective industry members through continuous and aggressive outreach to complementary trade associations, events, and publications.
Jeff Phillips – Committee Co-Chairman
James Grinalds – Committee Co-Chairman
ALMA Student Committee
The ALMA Student Committee is a key component of the ALMA Education Initiative. The purpose of which is to help students gain access to Mentors, education, and guidance to better prepare them for careers in electroacoustics and audio. Another primary goal is to facilitate connections between grad students, educators, and the companies that hire students and fund research.
Mahsa Asgarisbet – Committee Chairperson
If you are interested in joining this or any committee or to get involved at any level, please contact Barry Vogel at 602-388-8669 or email email@example.com