Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ALTI has been forced to cancel ALTI-EXPO 2020.
Our commitment to the safety and well being of our members and constituents has always been first and foremost in our considerations for our annual event. Cancelling was a difficult decision because many people look forward to ALTI-EXPO and many special events were planned for this one. There were new technologies being introduced. New product releases. New companies premiering. Then there was the crossover content with our friends at InfoComm. Like I said; Cancelling ALTI-EXPO was a difficult decision.
So what is next? Rest assured that ALTI will not be napping. Some of the planned content for our 2020 event will transfer to our 2021 event in Orlando. System Builders Workshop and Business Builders Workshop are examples of content that will be updated, advanced, and will be on the menu in 2021.
In the meantime; We are working on ways to bring you some of the content, technologies, and product introductions that were planned for AE 2020 through free, online presentations. Look for more information in the coming weeks. Information will be released through our newsletters. If you don’t receive our free newsletter, subscribe here.
Most important of all; Stay safe. Stay in. Be healthy. Plan to hit the ground running when this thing is finally over (and it will be over eventually). All of us look forward to seeing all of you at the next ALTI-EXPO 2021. We can shake hands. Or bump fists. Or bump elbows. Or bow to each other. Or just smile. But at the very least; We will see each other at AE 2021!
Thank-you for your continued friendship and support.
ALTI-EXPO2020: Built around YOUR Success!
Building on the many ground breaking elements of AISE2019, we will kick off our NEW brand: ALTI-EXPO 2020 with even more reasons to make this the place to be for Audio and Loudspeaker Technologies Professionals.
Already in the works:
- System Builders Workshop. The most popular hands on session we have ever produced returns with a greatly expanded “part II” at ALTI-EXPO 2020. Details coming soon!
- We are making schedule modifications based upon your requests so that everyone gets the most out of our dynamic content, our international exhibitors, and other activities.
- Closer coordination with our friends at InfoComm with content and special offers for attendees and exhibitors at both events.
- Special early commitment incentives are in affect now! Save money by registering to exhibit or attend today!
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? Call Barry Vogel at 602-388-8669 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote Speaker Announced for ALTI-EXPO 2020
Andrew Bellavia is the Dir. of Market Development for Knowles Corp, a leading acoustic solutions provider to the earphone, hearable, mobile, and IoT industries. He is responsible for Knowles’ IEM & earphone transducer business and has also been personally involved in supporting the development of many innovative hearable devices including Bragi, Doppler, Nuheara, and a number of others soon to be released. Andrew is also an advocate for the role technology can play in addressing hearing loss, and in the practical use cases for the coming convergence between hearing aids and hearables. He earned a BSEE from the Illinois Institute of Technology and an MBA from the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management. When not in the office he can usually be found running the roads of N. Illinois and the world, often photographing as he goes.
Andrew’s keynote address will be on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 8:30AM in the Banquet Hall during breakfast. Join us!
The Elephant in the Room
by Barry Vogel: ALTI Executive Director
We needed another thing to stress over, right? The corona virus outbreak is raising a plethora of questions and concerns. I even questioned the wisdom of writing about it for fear of escalating the subject further. However, I believe that ignoring an issue is not resolving an issue. And I believe that common sense will prevail.
As of now, the virus has a 2% fatality rate. This is compared to a .1% fatality rate for the flu. The CDC has stated that the 2% figure is probably very inflated because most people who get the corona virus will not even know they have it! For most of us, it will seem like a cold or a bout with the flu. Between 30,000 and 60,000 people in America die from the flu yearly. Those most at risk are elderly or have underlying immune system issues. We do not sequester ourselves at home or don hazmat suits every year for flu season. Life will go on with corona virus as well. People will gather. Business will get done.
Common sense will prevail. Take precautions. Be aware. Here is your health and happiness checklist:
- Eat healthy. A strong immune system is your best defense.
- Get plenty of sleep. Shoot for 8 hours a night. (I know. Try anyway.)
- Wash your hands often for at least 10 to 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Hand sanitizer is not as good as washing hands, but better than nothing. Keep in mind that it takes at least 20 seconds for hand sanitizer to kill bacteria on your hands!
- If you need to sneeze, do so into a tissue or a handkerchief. Do not sneeze into hands. Sneezing into your elbow is better than hands, but those germs can live for up to 48 hours there.
- Hold off on the handshakes. (Tough one for me!) Go with a fist bump, elbow bump (as long as you didn’t sneeze there!), bow, or just a smile. People will understand.
- It is no more dangerous to fly than to go to the grocery store. Really. Truth.
- When possible, use knuckles, fist or elbow to push buttons and open doors.
- Live your life. Do what you have to do.
ALTI-EXPO 2020 is on June 14 & 15 in Las Vegas. We and our members look forward to our annual event. Our program for AE2020 is unprecedented in its content and its mission. Our crossover with InfoComm will be another first. It will be learning on steroids. It will be opportunities everywhere. As many of our exhibitors and attendees already know, our smaller and less frenetic atmosphere is not only more productive; it is also healthier.
We look forward to welcoming you to ALTI-EXPO 2020. We’ll supply the hand sanitizer!
Your No Risk Guarantee: If you are concerned about registering to exhibit or attend ALTI-EXPO 2020, you can rest easy. We are certain that it will be safe and responsible to attend ALTI-EXPO and InfoComm in June. However in the unlikely event that government, travel, or public health restrictions force a cancellation or rescheduling of our event, we will refund your registration fees in full*.
*less any wire transfer or bank fees applied to your payment
The Editors of AudioXpress wrote about the ALTI-EXPO (formerly AISE) experience in March, 2019:
“ALMA International Symposium & Expo 2019 – The Audio Industry’s Best Kept Secret”
“Yet, only a few audio professionals have learned that the opportunity to be directly engaged in all that happens every year at one single event. Every year, audio experts, the top high-end speaker designers, and business managers from North America, Europe, and Asia convene to meet key suppliers and learn about the latest solutions and techniques. An event where vendors looking for the latest ideas go to hear from those experts, and where many of the industry key suppliers are conveniently gathered in one place to show their latest components, materials, and solutions.”
Read the full article here to find out that the audio industry’s best secret should be YOUR secret!