ALTI offers our complimentary career center as a service to our Members and to the industry at large. Industry Members are invited to submit resumes or career opportunities for posting in our Career Center free of charge for 90 days.
ALTI assumes no responsibility for content or accuracy of submissions, but reserves the right to reject any postings for any reason in the interest of our Members.
Send your submissions to: Management@almaint.org
Rockford Corporation is the leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance mobile audio products located in Tempe, AZ. We are looking to add an Acoustic Design Engineer to our Engineering Team. This is a highly visible position in the company and we’re looking for a good fit within the department and the organization. We offer a casual work environment and great benefits. Our employees are very passionate about their work and are encouraged to bring new ideas and creativity to their jobs.
JOB TITLE: Acoustic Design Engineer
The Acoustic Design Engineer supports the continuing growth of Rockford’s core audio business. This position works closely with new product development team. Also collaborates with mechanical engineers to translate design into detailed mechanical drawings. Coordinates with Industrial Design team to ensure designs can be practically manufactured without compromising performance. Facilitates continuous improvements in loudspeaker engineering related to planning, processes, reporting, and timelines as needed to support quality growth of the company. Must be able to manage multiple products in development simultaneously.
• Detailed design of transducers for aftermarket and OEM automotive markets.
• Work through designs to maintain and track to target BOM cost.
• Drive and motivate team members and suppliers in USA / Asia facilities.
• Coordinate with Quality and Manufacturing groups to ensure efficient and successful prototype and production builds.
• Perform ongoing research to stay on top of new technologies applicable to future products.
• Test and measure transducers of all kinds using Klippel equipment.
• Set up and train quality and manufacturing teams on testing and manufacturing methods.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot various transducer issues and compile corrective action reports.
• BSEE, BSME, or BS in Acoustics or Physics.
• Experience in electrical design (analog/digital).
• Experience in the design and engineering of transducers and loudspeaker systems.
• Experience with signal processing.
• Exceptional knowledge in acoustic fundamentals.
• High volume consumer Electronics experience or Automotive OEM experience.
• Understanding of engineering tools such as: schematic capture tools, Pro Engineer.
• Basic understanding of amplifier design and Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
• Experience with a variety of acoustic test equipment such as: CLIO, LM, Klippel, LISTEN, Audio Precision.
• Proficient in the use of simulation tools such as: LEAP, Spead, MatLab, General FEA packages, Fine Cone, Fine Motor, Fine Xover, COMSOL, in order to model transducer and system performance.
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is based out of Arizona. No relocation assistance provided. To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
JOB TITLE: Acoustic/Loudspeaker Test Technician
This role is responsible for taking acoustic and electrical measurements using industry leading test equipment. It also requires compiling test results and creating reports. You will be working closely with the Loudspeaker Engineering and NPD teams, proving reports that will drive decisions regarding new and existing products.
- Strong knowledge of acoustics
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience with basic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator…etc)
- A disciplined testing methodology
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Taking measurements using Klippel test equipment
- Compiling results and creating objective reports
- Working with the engineering team to ensure our products meet their full potential
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication, grammar and people skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- A background in electrical engineering would be preferred but not required
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com . This position is based in Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
JOB TITLE: CAD Drafter
- Drawing creation utilizing Solidworks 2018 or newer and Creo 4.0.
- Uses tolerance stack-up analysis to ensure the fit and function of parts and assemblies
- Work closely with internal and external customers to define requirements and create support documents.
- Create, prioritize, and estimate product backlog items to meet milestones.
- Support engineers in creating 3D mod
- Understand ASME Y15 standard.
- Review work on engineering designs for manufacturability, accuracy and completeness
- 3+ years of experience creating drawings per ASME 14.5 criteria
- Solid knowledge and experience using Solidwords and Creo
- GD&T knowledge and application
- BOM generation
- Knowledge of basic math skill
- Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with members inside and outside the team
- Ability to work independently and as part of small team
- Self-motivated, self-learning and able to lead project with minimal guidance
- 3D modeling (part and assembly)
- Bachelor’s degree
DESIRED SKILLS (OPTIONAL):
- Solidworks PDM (administration and user)
- Rendering and Surfacing of 3D models
- Design for Assembly
- Knowledge of basic math skil
- Microsoft excel, work, and power point
- Experience with sheet metal, machining, material handling and/or electro-mechanical drawings & fabrication,
- Create DFMEA, PFMEA documents
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
See a complete listing of the many career opportunities available at Rockford Corporation at: http://www.rockfordcorp.com/JobBoard
Audio Systems Engineer
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
At Sonos we pride ourselves in delivering world class sound experiences to our customers. We are growing our Audio Systems Engineering team to explore opportunities in a wide range of audio applications and deliver on an expanding product roadmap. We achieve aggressive sound targets through a holistic system level approach that pays equal attention to all parts of the audio chain including transducers, acoustics, electronics and intelligent signal processing software. The Audio Systems Engineer will drive product development efforts from early ideation and conceptualization through to final product release.
SONOS Seeks Senior Audio Systems Engineer
At Sonos we pride ourselves in delivering world class sound experiences to our customers. We are growing our Audio Systems Engineering team to explore opportunities in a wide range of audio applications and deliver on an expanding product roadmap. We achieve aggressive sound targets through a holistic system level approach that pays equal attention to all parts of the audio chain including transducers, acoustics,electronics and intelligent signal processing software. The Audio Systems Engineer will drive product development efforts from early ideation and conceptualization through to final product release.
Sonos announced 3 new products recently, has a strong product roadmap and looking for Principal Audio Engineers to ship Brilliant Sound.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com or