ALTI offers our complimentary career center as a service to our Members and to the industry at large. Industry Members are invited to submit resumes or career opportunities for posting in our Career Center free of charge for 90 days.
ALTI assumes no responsibility for content or accuracy of submissions, but reserves the right to reject any postings for any reason in the interest of our Members.
Send your submissions to: Management@almaint.org
SENIOR TRANSDUCER ENGINEER
Experienced Transducer Engineer with an extensive, consistent record of engineering innovations and accomplishments in the field of loudspeaker transducer and system design. Strong self-starter as well as effective team collaborator/energizer. Equally at home in the realms of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, acoustics, and physics. Broad skill sets in the realms of:
- Electromagnetic modeling ● Mechanical modeling.
- Acoustical modeling ● Electrical circuit modeling.
- Loudspeaker non-linearities: modeling, remedies, and psychoacoustic impacts.
VP of Sales / Licensing Chicago IL
We are seeking a VP of Sales / Technology Licensing for a very exciting opportunity. The principle goal for this position is to create partnerships and licensing agreements with manufacturers, negotiate & navigate the contracts, and to devise new revenue streams.
What you need to have:Experience in conducting business in China, Vietnam, and/or Taiwan. A great network of manufacturing contacts in Asia Relevance experience in technology licensing Experience in speaker driver or semi-conductor industries. Preferably 8-10+ years of experience. Ability for frequent travel overseas and domestically. Located in Chicago (preferably). (Bay Area / Off-shore is fine if coupled with extensive travel flexibility). Fluent in English and Chinese preferred.
Who they are:
Our client is an early-stage startup specializing in the patented transducer technology whose topology allows for the substantial improvement in form factors, manufacturing and implementation efficiencies. Funded by top VCs and trusted by nationally recognized brands, the company is setting a new standard for the entire audio space
What you will do:
Oversee the international and domestic technology licensing agreements with product manufacturers
Guide and motivate clients on the potential licensing and revenue opportunities
Make empowered decisions on customer agreements using business judgment and licensing principles.
Work with customers to negotiate pricing, licensing terms, and deal conditions necessary to sign agreements.
Collaborate with legal, and business groups to identify and resolve agreement issues.
Monitor quality in the manufacturing process
Implement technology with the client
Ensure sales and negotiation strategies adhere to established guidelines, policies, and legal standards.
Share best practices and strategies with internal teams to improve our client’s sales capabilities.
Meet or exceed revenue targets and work on budgets and forecasts
Manage team and guide their development
Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
8-10+ years with licensing agreements
Proven experience in international manufacturing licensing and partner relationships
Excellent relationships with a network of manufacturers in various international territories
Strong and collaborative communicator, adept at managing client as well as internal relationships
Must be able to work independently, be pro-active, and is a confident self-starter who is a creative, critical and autonomous thinker
Communicative, proactive problem solver, flexible, adaptable, pragmatic and resourceful with strong organizational skills works independently and uses own initiative
Willingness and ability to travel to individual markets as required
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockford Corporation is the leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance mobile audio products located in Tempe, AZ. We are looking to add an Acoustic Design Engineer to our Engineering Team. This is a highly visible position in the company and we’re looking for a good fit within the department and the organization. We offer a casual work environment and great benefits. Our employees are very passionate about their work and are encouraged to bring new ideas and creativity to their jobs.
JOB TITLE: Acoustic Design Engineer
The Acoustic Design Engineer supports the continuing growth of Rockford’s core audio business. This position works closely with new product development team. Also collaborates with mechanical engineers to translate design into detailed mechanical drawings. Coordinates with Industrial Design team to ensure designs can be practically manufactured without compromising performance. Facilitates continuous improvements in loudspeaker engineering related to planning, processes, reporting, and timelines as needed to support quality growth of the company. Must be able to manage multiple products in development simultaneously.
• Detailed design of transducers for aftermarket and OEM automotive markets.
• Work through designs to maintain and track to target BOM cost.
• Drive and motivate team members and suppliers in USA / Asia facilities.
• Coordinate with Quality and Manufacturing groups to ensure efficient and successful prototype and production builds.
• Perform ongoing research to stay on top of new technologies applicable to future products.
• Test and measure transducers of all kinds using Klippel equipment.
• Set up and train quality and manufacturing teams on testing and manufacturing methods.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot various transducer issues and compile corrective action reports.
• BSEE, BSME, or BS in Acoustics or Physics.
• Experience in electrical design (analog/digital).
• Experience in the design and engineering of transducers and loudspeaker systems.
• Experience with signal processing.
• Exceptional knowledge in acoustic fundamentals.
• High volume consumer Electronics experience or Automotive OEM experience.
• Understanding of engineering tools such as: schematic capture tools, Pro Engineer.
• Basic understanding of amplifier design and Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
• Experience with a variety of acoustic test equipment such as: CLIO, LM, Klippel, LISTEN, Audio Precision.
• Proficient in the use of simulation tools such as: LEAP, Spead, MatLab, General FEA packages, Fine Cone, Fine Motor, Fine Xover, COMSOL, in order to model transducer and system performance.
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is based out of Arizona. No relocation assistance provided. To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
JOB TITLE: Acoustic/Loudspeaker Test Technician
This role is responsible for taking acoustic and electrical measurements using industry leading test equipment. It also requires compiling test results and creating reports. You will be working closely with the Loudspeaker Engineering and NPD teams, proving reports that will drive decisions regarding new and existing products.
- Strong knowledge of acoustics
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience with basic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator…etc)
- A disciplined testing methodology
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Taking measurements using Klippel test equipment
- Compiling results and creating objective reports
- Working with the engineering team to ensure our products meet their full potential
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication, grammar and people skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- A background in electrical engineering would be preferred but not required
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . This position is based in Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
JOB TITLE: CAD Drafter
- Drawing creation utilizing Solidworks 2018 or newer and Creo 4.0.
- Uses tolerance stack-up analysis to ensure the fit and function of parts and assemblies
- Work closely with internal and external customers to define requirements and create support documents.
- Create, prioritize, and estimate product backlog items to meet milestones.
- Support engineers in creating 3D mod
- Understand ASME Y15 standard.
- Review work on engineering designs for manufacturability, accuracy and completeness
- 3+ years of experience creating drawings per ASME 14.5 criteria
- Solid knowledge and experience using Solidwords and Creo
- GD&T knowledge and application
- BOM generation
- Knowledge of basic math skill
- Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with members inside and outside the team
- Ability to work independently and as part of small team
- Self-motivated, self-learning and able to lead project with minimal guidance
- 3D modeling (part and assembly)
- Bachelor’s degree
DESIRED SKILLS (OPTIONAL):
- Solidworks PDM (administration and user)
- Rendering and Surfacing of 3D models
- Design for Assembly
- Knowledge of basic math skil
- Microsoft excel, work, and power point
- Experience with sheet metal, machining, material handling and/or electro-mechanical drawings & fabrication,
- Create DFMEA, PFMEA documents
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
See a complete listing of the many career opportunities available at Rockford Corporation at: http://www.rockfordcorp.com/JobBoard
Audio Systems Engineer
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
At Sonos we pride ourselves in delivering world class sound experiences to our customers. We are growing our Audio Systems Engineering team to explore opportunities in a wide range of audio applications and deliver on an expanding product roadmap. We achieve aggressive sound targets through a holistic system level approach that pays equal attention to all parts of the audio chain including transducers, acoustics, electronics and intelligent signal processing software. The Audio Systems Engineer will drive product development efforts from early ideation and conceptualization through to final product release.
SONOS Seeks Senior Audio Systems Engineer
At Sonos we pride ourselves in delivering world class sound experiences to our customers. We are growing our Audio Systems Engineering team to explore opportunities in a wide range of audio applications and deliver on an expanding product roadmap. We achieve aggressive sound targets through a holistic system level approach that pays equal attention to all parts of the audio chain including transducers, acoustics,electronics and intelligent signal processing software. The Audio Systems Engineer will drive product development efforts from early ideation and conceptualization through to final product release.
Sonos announced 3 new products recently, has a strong product roadmap and looking for Principal Audio Engineers to ship Brilliant Sound.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Celestion is enjoying an exciting period of expansion as we deliver on our ambitious long-term growth plans. We’re continually on the look-out for talented, enterprising people who’d like a career with an organisation that has the music industry at its core.
If you have initiative, enthusiasm and flair along with the desire to work in this exciting and diverse industry we’d like to hear from you; it’s our goal to attract the highest calibre applicants for the positions within R&D, sales and marketing that periodically occur. So send your CV/resumé to:
Human Resources, Celestion Int. Ltd, Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, Ipswich, IP6 0NL, UK or via email to: email@example.com
Our current vacancies are listed below.
Occupying a Marketing role, the Product Manager interprets market requirements into potential products and once complete, translates the engineering specification and the product back to the market place.The successful candidate will likely have significant industry experience.
Developing new products by identifying potential opportunities; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing.
Presenting the product as a saleable package to the sales team and market including competitor analysis, features & benefits, timing, pricing and applications.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The position requires:
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by carrying out market research.
• Recommend future product and product lines, appraising new product ideas and/or supporting material changes.
• Assess competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’.
• Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople
• Provide information for management by providing reports and analyses on product and product features; answering questions and requests
• Bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements; preparing specification and pricing information; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• Prepare and follow procedures to facilitate efficient, smooth and timely introduction of products and necessary supporting material.
• Introduce and market new products by developing plans, providing input, written content and other material for use by marcom and sales functions.
• Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume.
• Provide support to sales and marcom, presenting new products and technical information as required
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning. Written and technical content creation and proof reading. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with Social Media platforms.
Celestion manufactures loudspeaker drivers for a wide range of applications, knowledge of and interest in audio reproduction in all its various forms is a requirement for this position.
Ideal Candidate Profile :
Marketing roles require flexibility as the tasks involved are varied, sometimes unusual and often require lateral thinking and a “can do” attitude. One day you may be required to undertake desk research and the next you may be helping set-up product on an exhibition booth late into the evening in the middle of China.
Please send CVs to: