A short course for test personnel and their managers; design and analysis staff who use test measurements for model, component and full-scale system verification; and more generally anyone whose work depends on the output from force, pressure, and acceleration measuring systems to support either test and analysis or control applications.
At this training, participants will learn to:
- Understand the physics and operating characteristics of dynamic force, pressure (including acoustics) and acceleration transducers and constraints associated with their use
- Interface transducers effectively with intended test environments
- Condition transducers signals to maintain their fidelity through selection of appropriate cabling, amplifiers, analog filters, sampling rates, DAQs, etc.
- Document extraneous measurands (e.g. strain, temperature, ionizations products of a detonation, magnetic fields) that superpose as noise on the desired transducer response
- Apply corrective action for elimination of these noise levels
- Validate that final, recorded signals contain only the desired (force, pressure or acceleration) data
- Perform sensor and system calibration, data analysis and data utilizations
- Perform "back of the envelope" checks to assure the bandwidth of the recording system did not impose constraints on the recorded data
- Application issues associated with static load, torque and pressure transducer applications can also be raised during the training
The training will also include in-house demonstrations by PCB staff of sensor component manufacturing, as well as sensor assembly, testing and calibration.
The registration fee is $1200 per person. This fee covers training materials, all meals and local (Buffalo) transportation. Please carry proof of citizenship with you to the training.
The Delavan Hotel is attached to our training room at Salvatore's Italian Gardens. A block of discounted rooms have been reserved at $99/night for attendees staying at The Delavan Hotel. Please CLICK HERE and under Special Codes, enter Group Code: PCB2018. You may also make reservations by phone (716)635-9000. Please mention Group Code: PCB2018 to receive your room discount. We look forward to seeing you soon!